About Jacksons Point
Jacksons Point is an Ontario harbour situated on the border of Georgina, one of its townships, and Lake Simcoe. Originally a naval land grant given to Captain William Bourchier in 1819 (Bourchier was stationed at Penetanguishene Naval Yard), it served as a point where ships could stop during their voyage across the lake.
When transportation improved due to faster boats and trains coming along by 1877, residents began staying there all year round.
These days, it serves mainly as a place for those who love boating or just want an affordable weekend camping trip full of activities such as shopping or live music shows.
Also, Founded in 1917, this location has been home to The Salvation Army for over 100 years. A children’s camp was started here ten years prior, a tradition that continues today.