The town of Pefferlaw was founded in the late 1820’s by Captain William Johnson. Pefferlaw means “a beautiful greensward” and was suggested by Captain Johnson’s brother in memory of a field near their old homestead. This name is very reflective of the scenic landscapes and greenspace Pefferlaw has to offer still to this day.
The community of Pefferlaw is located 3 kilometres south of Lake Simcoe’s southeastern shore in the Town of Georgina. Pefferlaw is bisected by Highway 48 to the north and Lake Ridge Road (Durham Road 23) to the east and connected by Pefferlaw Road.